Right after fanfiction and facebook~
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
Me: Did you find everything ok today Sir?
Male Customer: Yeah everything was fine, but prices on the cat food just keep going up! I remember when it was only .30 a can! But I bet you don't, you're like what...20?
Me: 21, but yes.
Male Customer: God you're young, I bet you'd never go out with someone my age, unless you have some Daddy issues
Male Customer: so do you like working here? Are you in school?
Me: Your total today is 21.38 Sir.
Male Customer: Are you seeing anyone?
Me: ......Cash or Credit Sir?
Male Customer: When do you get off work?
Male co-worker comes up next to me: Everything ok?
Male Customer: Yeah we're fine
Male Co-worker: Actually I think you're being really rude
Male Customer: What are you her boyfriend?
Male co-worker: No I'm not. And even if I was, why would it matter? Her job is to ring up your items, make sure your shopping experience was pleasant and give you change. You're making really creepy comments to a young woman you don't even know at a cash register, it's not ok.
Male Customer: You can't talk to me that way! I want to speak to your manager.
Me: It's really ok, everything is Ok
Male Co-worker: No no, I'll go ahead and call our FEMALE boss up here to address any grievances you might have *Sir*
Male Customer: slams down 25 dollars grabs his bags and leave*
Male Co-worker: You don't even have to take anyone's shit here. If anyone even looks at you funny, pick up that phone, call a manager, call me, call another co-worker and it will be handled. You are a valued employee and you deserve to feel safe and respected at work by *everyone*